Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Shower-Baby-Shower

I think April would be incomplete if I did not blog about the online baby shower hosted by a group of bloggers - a student, many moms, aunts all in the gang. The organisers have mentioned about all the happenings over the last 4 weeks that led to the creation of a lovely blog - which now has a treasure trove of information for all mums alike. You can read them here:
Notes from behind the scenes
Oh!! What a Ride It Has Been
Since you were wondering what I was up to...
So we had a party
Explaining the Previous Post
Spilling the beans
The mystery is solved

The opening mail that read 'Mega Baby Shower' from Tharini arrived in my Inbox on April Fool's Day. As I was busy with other mundane chores and only managed to open my Inbox a week later, I missed out on joining the riddles team. That is each blog hosted a riddle and gave a clue - just a letter or a blank and the all important riddle to the next blog. My Inbox was flooding with over 100 emails everyday and to read and reply to them was so much fun. I was overjoyed to be part of this shower and it made me feel important as a mother. But before I could start posting my wishes, I found many other early birds had provided all of the essential tips and advice. So I ransacked my brain and added a couple of my own experiences. Those few weeks seemed longer than usual to me as I waited for the baby shower Friday but it would not have been the same for the organisers - what with riddles to create, blog to be readied, collecting and collating wishes, sending reminders to those who were a bit lazy and keeping the group informed of the current work in progress. And I should mention that I came to know many more bloggers from all over the world. My Blog Friends list rose from a meagre 8 four-fold to 32 and will continue to rise over the next few weeks. Some very personal experiences were added as part of the wishes and that was what made interesting reading.
We thought the fun would begin on Friday. But B o o smelt something too soon and started cracking the userid and password to the shower blog. That Thursday was a lot of fun -what with all the MTB's working enthusiastically to break the code. At the end of the day they proved it only too well - that their single minded determination worked well and Boo again broke the code around 2AM on Friday morning. Well, all good things come to an end and so this fun game ended well too. The best part for me was to know about many more bloggers. As someone rightly mentioned, blog hopping helps unwind after a long day.
Wishing all you preggies a safe and speedy delivery.

No comments: