Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday 1 April 2008

My first haircut


Mommy calls it my album but I have never had a chance to voice my views. For a while now mummy had been contemplating cutting my hair that kept falling on my eyes and on my back. For those of you wondering why we did not have my head tonsured during the recent trip to India, I learnt that there is no such custom on my dad's side and girl babies are not allowed to have their head tonsured in the temple. So my parents decided to cut my hair unceremoniously here at home. Last weekend when the sun was shining in all its glory, mummy embarked on the project. Dad was away at work. So it was just us at home. First she wrapped a towel around my neck and held it secure with a big nappy pin in the front. With a comb in one hand and a pair of scissors in the other, mommy carefully started cutting my hair on the back . All i saw when I turned around were some strands of black stuff and I dint know what to do. As it did not hurt me, I stayed put munching my biscuit. Mummy then started combing my hair in the front and using the scissors started removing some of the hair from the front. It was all over in less than 5 minutes and mummy swiftly removed the towel and cleared up the place around. She showed me a mirror and I was only too happy to see my reflection (as I always am). Check out my new haircut!

3 comments:

Timepass said...

such a cute pose..and yes the new hair style is cool

Unknown said...

Dats a wonderful job..Well done gal.. How come Aditi stayed put? She didnt cry? Good gal.. like mom :-)

Mama - Mia said...

:)

i have the same question!! she didnt cry??

amazing how mommies can become hair dressers too! :D

very nice haircut!!

cheers!