Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday 7 October 2010

Life is a...

drama. Enact it!
We had a routine that I looked forward to every night. After putting Aditi to sleep, I'd go downstairs and prepare half cups of Horlicks or Ovaltine. Depositing one of the cups with Prashanth who'd either be browsing the Net or watching TV, I'd climb upstairs to what we called tata-pati's bedroom. The night lamp would have already come on and my parents will be under the duvets, but waiting for their cup of hot drink. Handing a cup each to my parents I'd settle myself by the window at the feet of my parents and discuss random stuff for a while - well actually until we all finished our drink. Dad would be the most enthusiastic and talk about everything he saw on his daily walks and the subject would invariably be turned towards Aditi. It was a special time and my exclusive time meant for them. That 20 minutes or so would pass by quickly and mom in her half-asleep state would tell me to go and get some rest. And relcutantly we'd say good nights and I'll collect the cups and take them to be cleaned downstairs. It was a ritual I followed for the four weeks they stayed here.
On the night before they left, I climbed up the stairs with a heavy heart. I felt like the end of an era approaching(Actually the end of their 4 week stay). They spent a good amount of time playing and chatting with Aditi. She had lots of attention thrown her way and was extremely happy to be in their company.She enjoyed the evening walks with them to the sweet shop as she was sure her tata would buy her whatever she asked for. Even now, her tata tells me to buy her everything under the sun. Their earlier visit was one filled with duties to take care of me and baby Aditi. This time we all enjoyed. And we look forward to more such visits and pampering from the grandparents.

No comments: