Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday 24 April 2009

India Trip - Part 2

We had about 90 minutes transit time, comfortable enough to change terminals in Paris and get through the security checks. But as soon as we got off the flight, we were stranded on the escalator(thankfully it was stationary), because our doors into the airport, from the gate where we had landed were locked. A stressful 45 minutes later, the doors were unlocked and we landed at our terminal/gate bang on the flight departure time. I was not alone, about a dozen of us were to board the Chennai flight from Paris, so we had a good time while waiting on the escalator and at the shuttle bus stop.This delayed our flight, which finally took off an hour after the actual departure time. Aditi slept from time to time, played for a while, walked a lot, drank about 6 glasses of juice in 10 hours and was not as troublesome as I had imagined.
At Chennai airport, Aditi stayed put beside me, while I collected our baggage. My eyes searched for my parents as I wheeled the trolley out of the terminal and it was easy to spot them. The reunion was the best - it was the first time that I landed in Chennai in five years and it was a huge relief to have reached home.It took a couple of days for Aditi to get used to the many people in our house, but soon she was ordering people around - thatha, pati, big pati and ayyaamma(our maid). Aditi met her great grandmother - my mother's mother who happened to be staying with my parents. She took to my father like a fish to water, but gave her 'orakanna parvai' at her pati. As she kept calling 'papi', my mother taught her to say Ammamma. It was so cute to see her go Amm-amm-amm-amm-ma.
We have a huge old-style teak swing that adors the living room at home. Much like a fireplace in this country, which is usually the focal point of most living rooms.Aditi loved this swing and enjoyed the to and fro motion. We went shopping to T-Nagar, visited the 'must-go-to' shops on Usman Road, called on friends and relatives and ade a 5 day trip to Bangalore to meet Aditi's other set of grandparents. She was pampered everywhere we went and I should agree that she was well-behaved most of the tim. She would normally take baout 5 minutes to settle in a new place and then enjoy the comapny of those around her.
Unlike last time, when she suffered from various immune attacks, this time was much better. A mosquito bite, turned into an infection and spots appeared at various places. There are a few scars that are yet to go away. She loved the fact that she couldpick the receiver and talk anytime with whoever she desired, unlike here where the phone is placed 5 feet above the ground.
But the look on her face was priceless when she met her dad at Manchester airport. It was a wonderful reunion and I wish I had recorded the conversation for posterity. All-in-all an enjoyable two weeks and a well deserved break for me and my little one.

1 comment:

Mama-mia said...

sounds like a real funn trip woman! and aditi seems like such a hassle free kid! touchwood!

and you came to blr and didnt egt in touch! very bad!

next time, pucca?! :)

cheers!

abha