Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday 9 April 2009

The Burn

Aditi had an accidental burn last Saturday. It was close to her nap time on a cloudy Saturday afternoon. We were planning to go out and I had dressed her up in her coat and shoes. I had packed her milk cup in my handbag, which was unfortunately left on the dining table. And I was wearing my own socks and shoes. Suddenly I hear the sound of the cup falling down and turn around to se the little girl bathed in milk almost. Hot milk trickling down her chin. And the girl let out her loudest cry. I quickly splashed water on her face and neck, but her winter jacket was in the way and by the time I removed her jacket and two layers of clothing and rushed her to the bathroom for more spraying of water, the damage had been done. Her chest and neck were badly burnt. But we did not realize it, for she was tired and sleepy and in pain!
I put her to bed and when she woke up, found a few blisters on her skin. We rushed her to A&E, and they put a huge bandage around her chest and shoulders. The little girl was irritated with her bandage. But thankfully I had to gaurd her for only a couple of days, as we had another appointment on tuesday and the doctor asked for the bandage to be removed. The burnt skin is now drying up and we were told that there would be no permanent scars, although the healing process would take a while.
Praying that the little girl does not have to suffer much - as I have been informed about the itching during skin regrowth. Do you have any advice to keep the itching at bay? And to hasten the healing process? She has been prescribed E45 mositurizing solution to be applied four times daily. I have been asked to try coconut oil as well. If you know aof any other remedies, please advice.

2 comments:

Mama-mia said...

awww! i have not veen here ina ges! sowvy for that first!

hope the wound is healed by now?!

hugs to both of you!

cheers!

abha

Unknown said...

oh oh.. poor darling..
hope you are better now..
i will scold amma for not being more careful ,princess.
smile please