Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday 7 June 2008

Four fabulous fantastic fun-filled years

I am a month late on doing this post, but was determined to do it this weekend. Thanks to my dear friend Nithu who had her blog updated on the date of her wedding anniversary that reminded me time and again to do the much delayed post. This one is especially meant to relive the last 4 years that I spent with the man of my dreams.

The first anniversary was meant to be very special, but I spent the day in a flight from Chennai and hence we ended up celebrating the following week. We had a week-long celebration as we were meeting each other after a long time and went around the Kent countryside, enjoying every day. Year 2 saw us both in Paris - we did not go there on a holiday - we were stopping over there on transit. Atleast we were together, but still flying from Bangalore after a trip to India for his cousin's wedding. The third year was prefect. It fell on a Sunday, we went to the temple, we were new parents, we took blessings from my dad who was at home with us. The only thing that was missing was that we spent the evening at home rather than dine at a restaurant.

This year it fell soon after the Spring Bank holiday weekend. Worse Prashanth was working the previous night and the next, so I would only meet him for a couple of hours that day. Those hours are typically the times when my little girl gets cranky. Its her snack/dinner time and I'm all in a rush to cook dinner for the kid and my man who is off to work through the night. It wouldn't be wrong if I said we did pretty much nothing on that day. But the boss had different plans. I had casually mentioned to him that my watch was as old as our marriage and needed a replacement. People who wear a watch day in and out, will know what I mean when I say 'The world seems dead, if my watch drops dead.' So after the night shift, Prashanth went shopping for a watch and as soon as I returned home gave it in Aditi's hands to be given to me. Curious girl she is, she decided to open the pack and see what was inside. She probably assumed it must be a game. But just in time, Prashanth managed to grab it from her and presented it to me. Of course I was overjoyed and happy. More so becasue of the effort and pains he had taken to shop for it and gift me something special and useful on this memorable day. Every time , my mom sees it on the webcam and says it looks pretty, I'm reminded of the scene when he gave it to me.

Did I bother to reciprocate? Not really. Well I'm kind of late. I have decided to club it with Father's Day gifts. We did manage to enjoy the weekend with what I call a house-party. I cook some of his favorite foods, put Aditi to bed, dim the lights, light up some aromatic candles, have a candle-light dinner and enjoy ourselves with a movie later. Its not just at anniverary time, but whenever I feel like it that we have this house-party.

Leaving you with a picture of the wonderful gift I received for my wedding anniversary this year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Madhu,
Sorry.. Been missing your W-Days consistently.
I remember it being in May.
Send me the date girl..
Nikhil will remind me in time
:-)

Nice to read your blog..
Know, what, we share the same sort of First Anniversary too.
I was in Atlanta n Sakthi was in Peoria.. So had a e-Anniverssary.
With regards to Aditi opening the gift, be happy that she didnt break it.
My cutie pie, broke the new bluetooth Sakthi had presented to me..I just saved before he could break the mobile too
:-)
Once again, Belated WeddingDay wishes.

Mama - Mia said...

belated anniv wishes! :)

and may happy times (no pun intended) ahead! :)

cheers!

Anonymous said...

a belated happy anniversary.. wishing you many more fun-filled times..
Such a nice watch...impressed...