Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday 31 May 2008

From mamma's lamb to daddy's darling daughter

I am extremely happy to announce that over the last couple of weeks, Aditi has been spending more time with her daddy and getting much closer to him. This may be the case in many households, but my child was always stuck to me and refused to stay with daddy for more than a couple of minutes. When we sit down for breakfast or dinner at the table, the little one who would usually sit on my lap runs to her father and asks to be picked up. Of course, daddy is only way too happy to oblige.
It started one evening when I was busy fixing up some dinner for daddy who was about to leave on night duty. Aditi wanted to be picked up by me, but I was cutting vege and could not manage it single-handedly(and carry Aditi with the other hand). In my hurry to cook something before daddy left, I decided to let her cry. Prashanth who was sitting on the dining table was trying to comfort Aditi. For a couple of miutes, Aditi cried out loud. Then realization dawned on her. She ran to her daddy and asked to be picked up. He in turn bribed her with some Cheerios. Now Prashanth has never and NEVER had this request from his baby and was pleasantly surprised. From then it was no stopping her.
Nowadays, she smiles wide - showing all her 16 teeth, as soon as she sees daddy in the morning. If she hears his voice, she looks in that direction to spot him. During weekends, she has her lunch sitting on his lap on the dining table. She uses a spoon & fork at the nursery and insists on using a spoon/fork at home and refuses to touch any food with bare hands. Even finger food has to be eaten using a fork. And she turns the fork upside down as she puts the food into her mouth.

What triggered this sudden change in my baby - An argument between me and Prashanth. Me pointing out(he said 'nee kutthi kamikara') that he hardly spends any time with the kiddo and me and always spends time with the internet browsing 'ning' and other useless stuff which can wait until the baby goes to sleep. So he made an effort and I appreciate him for this act - to spend more time with us rather than rushing to his laptop in the evening. The evenings are now more lively and Aditi enjoys the attention she gets from daddy.

Little naughty things that the babe has been upto these days:
* Pretends to sit on my lap and then runs and sits on daddy's lap
* Insists on sitting on daddy's lap while she has lunch and while we have ours.
* Plays more with dad, but returns to mommy when hungry.
* Plays this game every evening and makes us laugh, she joins in too - asks daddy to pick her up, then jumps ove to mummy stays with mummy for a minute , then goes back to daddy. This passing back and forth game goes on for a while until she's bored and tired of it.
* Threw her shoes(new pair that she did not like) into the dustbin when amma was not looking.

Earlier daddy used to called Aditi - a little lamb as in Mary had a little lamb - cos she would follow me wherever I went - this includes the loo and shower room- or cry out loud if I did not let her in and shut the door. I am so happy that she's bonding with daddy so well. I have waited long enough for this and I am overjoyed now. This leaves me with some time for myself and daddy is soooo happy when his little girl comes walking up to him.

5 comments:

noon said...

Am happy that Aditi is bonding with Dad! I can imagine how good that feels - much as you love your child, you don't want them to cling on only to you...KB and KG both bond very well with their dad but to this day - when it is time for lunch or dinner, 99% of the time only I have to feed KB - he will not eat with daddy. So for KG we made it a point that on weekend, B gives her her meals - so she doesn't insist on only me all the time...Aditi looks so cute in the previous post picture...
Don't you find night shifts hard on you?

Aditi's Album said...

Hi Noon - I guess I've got used to the night shifts over the last 4 years. Initially I would leave the hallway light on through the night, but now its all lights off and I retire to bed early during his night shifts.

Mama - Mia said...

:)

way to go Aditi!! daughters and addies anywayz share a special bond!! she sounds just adorable!!

Cubby is very fond of M, so much so that i would be insanely jealous at one point! but now he is ok with either! :D

i mean i i know if i get late from work and maid needs to leave M is perfectly capable of taking care of the cub!

touchwood!

to many happy times with Daddy! for aditi and her mommy!

hugs

abha

Anonymous said...

Great that aditi is bonding with her dad. Loved her throwing the shoe in the dustbin one :)

My daughter, thankfully is very close to her father. She associates some games with just him now - rough playing for one, "uppu muttai" and I am spared !!

Unknown said...

Hmmm... It is the other way here..
Nikhil just started jumping to me and searching for me.
Since I work after coming home, almost daily and then head into the kitchen to fix something, it was Sakthi taking care of Nikhil and Nikhil was always with Daddy. Then one day, Nikhil started crying in the middle of the night, and refused to come to me, wanted Sakthi to comfort him. Then it dawned to me... From then I am trying to spend more time with Nikhil and now Nikhil is almost a mummy boy :-)