Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday 15 June 2008

Father's Day

Father's Day this year dawned bright and sunny. Aditi and I were busy that morning chatting away on Yahoo! with my parents. The little girl has learnt to dance in her nursery and one day sometime last week held my hands and moved her legs and head from side to side. This dance has become an oft repeated game in our household with amma and appa taking turns to dance with the little girl. What we enjoy most is her wide grin as she moves her head from side to side - expressing her happiness and joy. We eagerly await each other's turn to dance with our little child.
My mom wanted to witness her grandchild's dance and so I mentioned 'Dance' to Aditi who was busy playing on the floor beside me. She got up at once, extended her hands and started waving her torso from side to side. A couple of minutes later, she wanted her dad to join and proceeded to wake him up. What a unique way to start Father's Day - for daddy by dancing with his darling girl.
The gift: On Friday, I went during lunch to buy an electric shaver as a gift for Father's Day. We had requested for a shaver socket in the family bath in the new house and I had wanted to put it to good use. I wasn't sure which one to choose given the 40 different varieties housed by Argos. After reading many reviews and doing a bit of research on the shaver head, I decided on a piece - and safely stored the bill in case it needed to be exchanged or returned. On my way back, I was thinking of storing it away until Sunday morning and surprising daddy with the gift, but Prashanth returned early that day and hence came over to pick us up.
It was no longer the surprise I wanted, but Prashanth was excited at his gift. He's the tech-savvy one at home. He read up the instructions, used it the next morning and declared that it was indeed a good choice. I was happy to see that the shaver was put to use and wasn't returned. So the formal gifting process did not happen on Sunday, but Aditi was lovely as ever when we visited a friend's place for lunch that day. She enjoyed herself and the hosts loved having her around. We had a heavy lunch and headed home while Aditi slept on our way back. Enjoyable day for daddy and happy day for mummy with hardly any cooking.

2 comments:

Rohini said...

Hi there. Thanks for dropping by.

Mama - Mia said...

tech savvy mommies make daddies happy!! hehe!!

sounds like a perfect fathers day!! wish cud see aditits dance!! :)

cheers!

abha