Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday 19 August 2008

A year and a half

My little one turned 18 months about 10 days ago and I decided to put up a post before it was too late. As it is I am not a regular with the monthly updates, but this is considered to be an important milestone and I do not want it to go unnoticed.
There has been a sudden growth spurt in her and she's grown so tall that her dresses no longer can keep up with her height. So we happily went shopping and ended up bringing lots of nice dresses for her. She loves climbing stairs and coming down.Only change being climbing stairs is done in adult like fashion, holding my hands and walking up like adults. And she loves it when she manages two at a time. No more crawling up the steps, its proper climbing.
She sings quite a lot of action rhymes in the nursery and her favorite is to do the 'turn around'. When we say Teddy Bear Teddy Bear turn around, she starts circling herself and it almost never stops. And then she tries to steady herself, loses her balance sometimes, only to start turning all over again.
She's getting really competitive and its always only with dad. By nature I decided that she does not like sweets for when I offered her carrot halwa prepared for 'Varalakshmi Nombu' last Friday, she rejected it. Then I tried gulab jamuns - they were refused again. But on Sunday when I gave her daddy the leftover halwa, she wanted some from his bowl and more and more. On this not again ,there's a new bean bag in the living room and dad loves to sit on it and stretch his feet. Only when the little one is not around. For even if we mention that dad is going to sit on it, she runs and jumps on to the bean bag and refuses to let daddy sit on it. If he's found sitting on it, she pushes him off and occupies her seat. On the other hand, amma can sit for as long as she wants and Aditi will sit on my lap without complain.
She loves her bus rides and gives a huge grin to the people in the bus. Only that the elderly respond is a totally different story.The rest are too worried and do not care to smile back - what will they lose I am yet to understand. Th child makes such an effort to smile at them, yet they turn their face to the window and pretend to not see her. But the oldies love her smile and respond back. They are waved good-byes and the bus driver will definitely get a happy wave and bye-bye when I wheel her pram out from the bus.Of late, amma has also been the recipient of lots of huggie and kissie - most unusual given that she never wanted to be hugged or kissed until recently. Dad gets his usual dose of flying kisses every morning and he so eagerly looks forward to it.
The little cleaner loves to use the broom, the cloth or anything - just plain tissue and act as if she's cleaning the rooms. Every thing that amma uses for cleaning - she must use them too. Sometimes gibes a clean after I'm don with it - just to make sure i have done a good job of it. She also helps me in the kitchen, by carefully picking up left over(by dad) glasses from the living room to the kitchen and depositing them in the sink. Also if appa is lazy and amma is stubborn, she happily helps amma by bringing the breakfast plate to appa in the living room and removes his plate once done.
TV does not interest her - she loves to play with the kitchen items or her own toys/ books. She's happy to read new books and loves to read Appa's medical books- top to bottom fro mend to end.I've tried to start potty training, but she shows absolutely no interest and refuses to use the potty seat. She's still happy with her nappy, so #I've given up on trying to train her now.So many things in such little time that I am sure - with my memory like a sieve - I shall forget it within a few days time and worry about not writing it down here.Wishing my little one a happy month and looking forward to celebrating all those nice festival colours.

3 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

:D

awww!! she is sooooo cute!! helping you at home already and all that!!

she is really doing a lot for her age! touchwood!!

may her life be filled with happiness of every kind!

hugs

abha

mummyjaan said...

I just love babies at the 18-month stage - adorable bundles of cuteness sans the temper that makes its appearance at around 2 years.

You know Aditi's mom, I would say it's fine if she doesn't take to sweets - better for her teeth and dietary habits in the long run. Just my two little paisas :).

Aditi's Album said...

Mamma-Mia : Yes, I do get her to do bits of work for me.

Sure Mummyjaan, thats why I am not too bothered.