Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday 18 July 2008

Nursery update

Its been about 4.5 months since Aditi started nursery. Full day at the nursery. And its been almost the same time since I started work at the new place. Usually I speak once or twice a week to her carer in detail about her activites during the day. This week I had updates about my little one from other carers who are usually not part of the baby room.
A couple of days ago, one of the staff told me that she's extremely friendly and a happy child. She smiles at people,says hello every morning and bids them good bye every evening as we leave the place. The mother in me was excited to learn about this. Today evening as I wheeled her pram away, I was met by her key-worker. She remarked 'You know, your little one has become so chatty. She is no longer the child who joined us in March. She's so sociable. She sings with us and loves action-rhymes'. Needless to say I was thrilled.
The baby room that Aditi goes to has a few other newer smaller babies and Aditi is happy to play along with them without harming them. This week, a new child joined the baby room and was crying so loudly. The worst was the parent did not want to leave the child alone and kept asking the staff, if he should stay longer. I instantly recalled Aditi's earliest days in the nursery. She would cry for over ten minutes and I would wait outside until she stopped. There's a small glass panel in the door and if she saw me outside, she'd point to the door and cry louder. So I'd wait near the office room for her to stop and the minutes gradually decreased. In about 3 weeks, she stopped completely. She still has favourties among the carers. She'll peep through the glass panel to see who's around every morning and will happily walk in if one of her favorite carers is on duty. Otherwise there'll be displeasure writ large on her face, but she doesn't cry these days. Her key-worker today recalled of how she liked only one particular carer in her early days and how she now plays and sings with everybody.
To give credit to the nursery, she's definitely becoming more independent and learning to play with her toys or work with her books on her own and I can peacefully do some cooking or blog-hopping. Her passion for books deserve a separate post in itself and I shall relate it another day. She dances with us or by herself and does a cute turn around. And expects me to sing every nursery rhyme exactly as her carers do. We now enjoy every moment with her and weekends are filled with fun activites - be it gardening or shopping. The mornings for some reason are lessbusy these days and we get to play quite a bit before we leave for work every morning. It's such a pleasure to see her smile and run towards me and hold my legs as I walk into the nursery every evening. Looking forward to the bank holiday weekend when we can spend a lot of time together.

4 comments:

Mama - Mia said...

:)

she sounds like such a doll!! seriously!

am glad she is having so much fun which lets you also relax at work and home! good going Aditi! :)

btw, do you sing her the song from Jaane Tu ya jAane naa?? The Aditi hasde song!

but then hse is always smiling! :)

touchwood!

cheers!

abha

Trishna said...

Aww she sounds delightful!!and yes.. u can sing that song for her..I love that song!!
Oh and post some pics mommy!

mynanhipari said...

I can relate to every thing you have written here. I agree that kids do get more social when they goto daycare. Also Sunu did the same thing with her favorite caregiver:)

Aditi's Album said...

Thanks abha!Mad Momma sent me the link a while ago and she was amused to see her name repeated many many times.

Thanks Trish for reminding me to post pics.Will do soon.

mynanhipari - Yes she was so stuck to me during our trip to India, that I am now so happy she's getting a bit social.