Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday 23 November 2009

Unwell

I am at home today when I should have had another day at work busy designing and developing a new application in a newer technology. I had taken off yesterday and was just happy to be home with my little girl. The winter bug has affected her and she's taken ill. After an enjoyable weekend with my cousin and family who had dropped in from London, Aditi fell sick. And then came the fever. More doses of medicine followed. She was getting better yesterday or so I thought, but the fever returned again and again. And I decided to take today off. We did all we would have done over the weekend- reading books, singing rhymes, playing and trying to be as cheerful as possible. But when the little body curls up on my lap when that fever strikes, I feel sad for her, but grateful that I am with her and can indulge her. I cooked whatever she liked - her favourite dishes - but if only she manages to keep any of them in her troublesome tummy - that would be nice. No milk for a couple of days. And she's happy to have fresh fruit juice. Wishing she gets better today. And can go back to school tomorrow and play with her friends. She does miss them and we try to do whatever she would have done in school.
Sending prayers for her better health.

4 comments:

Anupama said...

Hi
hope both of u are better now..nice blog
..would be honoured if u could check out my space www.mom-of-all-trades.blogspot.com

Mama - Mia said...

hope all you guys keeping good health and that winters are treating you good!

dropping by after ages and aditi just seems to have gotten sweeter!

and she locked herself in! phew! good for ya that you managed to take care it! :)

cheers!

Aditi's Album said...

Thanks Anupama. Will surely drop by.

MM: Yep, things are better now - what with the holidays just around the corner

Diary Of A Stardusted Dreamer said...

Hi, first time here, hopped over from Parul's blog. Love the way you write, hoping you get back to blogging soon :)