Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday 8 September 2009

Bindis and the litle lady

I love bindis. I wear them everyday - mostly the marron coloured shingar stick bindi, sometimes the small round sticker ones and occasionally fancy bindis. I love them so much that my mother never fails to pack a set of fancy sticker ones each time I leave from Chennai. I am not so fond of earrings or bangles, but bindis - they are a must for me. It seems when I was around 2 years old, I'd allow my dad to leave for work, only if he took me to the shop nearby and bought me a packet of the sticker ones everyday, and then I would proceed to stick them all over my face.
My not so little girl loves them - much more than I do. And one day she ransacked my precious belongings. She wants to wear a new one from a newer packet every day.
Every morning, after her shower, she would wait patiently for me to dress her up and then open my dressing drawer, pick a new bindi and stick it on her face. And when it did not settle in right, she would ask me to put it 'properly' for her. By the time I picked her up from the nursery in the evening, they would no longer be on her face and she would have binned them during the day. I watched with agony as my lovely collection of the red stickers diminished. I was thinking of probably hiding my collection and only leaving a few for her, but I knew that would not work. She would 'demand' for the new packets.
Thankfully, as with all things at her age, the interest only lasted a short while and now, she no longer wants them. Occassionally, she wants the one on my face, but since mine is usually done with the shingar stick, it cant be removed and stuck on hers! One another reason to have(or not have) a daughter..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sweet...
You should upload a picture of her all decked up with a nice bindi