Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday 14 March 2008

New life in the nursery

Aditi was first sent to a nursery once a week for a couple of hours when she was about 8 months old. That continued for about 3 months until we left on a vacation to India. On our return we knew that she had to be sent to a full time nursery for I was to start work soon. The nursery hunt began and I had shortlisted 3 nurseries close to my workplace. I booked an appointment with each nursery the following week. It was close to Christamas and the first one I visited was being painted and brightened up for the new year. There were no kids in the baby room and all the furniture/toys had been moved around. The lady who showed me around definitely did not know the 'Sales' tactics and I was not impressed. I rejected it straightaway and looked forward to visiting the other two. Nursery 2 was a big hit. The lady was overly courteous, took me into a separate meeting room, gave a nice tour of the place and handed me a big booklet including a balloon for Aditi and I was quite happy with the place. The only issue was the food provided was made by the school kitchen and there was no separate cook for the nursery. Nursery 3 was really wonderful from every point of view except that it would take slightly longer for me to get there and back. There wasn't much open space for the kids to play, but the weather is so unpredictable here that I wasn't bothered too much. I decided to go with the last one and invited Prashanth for a viewing. He was happy too , but somehow I had this feeling at the back of my mind that I should visit Nursery 1 when it's all completed and done. But before I could book an appointment , I left for India and left it at that. On my return we discussed and wanted to visit Nursery 1. This time I was more than impressed and decided to put my daughter here straightaway. On hindsight I do not regret my decision and firmly believe first impressions could sometimes be misleading and incorrect.
Aditi has been there for about 4 weeks and the staff there are absolutely wonderful. She's adjusted pretty well and although my first week at work was a bit of tension, I now eagerly await to see her happy face every evening. She does crafts, painting and made a mobile yesterday with the help of the staff. The nursery itself is on the way to my office and its extremely comfortable for me to drop/pick her up. They have an in house cook and cater to all types of meals. All said and done, I'm happy I reconsiderd my initial decision and decided to go with my instincts.

No comments: