Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday 6 December 2007

Daily Musings

Picture perfect innocence:
Meadowhall is one of the biggest shopping centres here with all the high street shops under one roof. Termed 'The Land of Shoppertunity', it has cinema halls and boasts of a variety of entertainment and events all year through. It typically resembles the Trafford Centre in Manchester for its dome shaped structure and shops, but is within the city. What makes it a getaway for us is that the tram takes us from our doorstep to Meadowhall in less than half an hour.


I had done a bit of the usual shopping and was using the self-service tills at M & S when one of the staff peeped into the pushchair where Aditi was asleep and remarked 'Picture perfect innocence. She looks absolutely gorgeous'. I managed a meek Thank you and walked out.

Its true that they look like angels when asleep, but I like it when Aditi is awake, demanding that I give her all my time and energy. How they learn to do little things continues to amuse me for my little girl has graduated from walking to climbing. She tries to climb over the sofa, over the bedside table from the bed, does an above turn on her highchair and stands up if I forget to strap her as soon as I put her down and refuses her food if I strap her.

We recently had a leaking window and someone had come to fix it. Aditi who is usually sticky to me was found sitting near his toolbox with a look that said 'Can I play with these long and short, round and square metal stuff?'. Probably they seemed so much more interesting than her child-friendly plastic toys. Though she never touched the ites on the tool box, she stayed there for full 20 minutes watching the man at work and talking to him in her own baby language.


She has also taken a keen interest on books and can be found looking deeply into each picture. This one pictured on the left can make different noises like a buzzer, sipping through a staw, trumpet, dog barking and some musical tunes. She loves to press each one and listen to the music. This keeps her engaged for a good half an hour. The other books she loves to play with are the cloth books which make diferent sounds. Her favorite though is the ones with different textures on them that resemble animal skins. She can stroke the feathers of a bird, the velvety fur on a tiger, the smooth,shiny skin of a frog and the knobbly,scaly skin on a fish. I am not sure if these books were around when we were younger, but it does help to keep my little one occupied, while I can get done with the rest of the chores around the house.


Another thing she enjoys doing is cleaning the sofa of any item including cushions, remotes, mobile phones or anything found on the sofas. The other day I had piled all the clothes to be folded onthe sofa and within seconds, they were all on the floor. and this was in the 30 seconds that I had slipped into the kitchen to make a cup of tea.

We are off to a much awaited holiday next week and I am eagerly looking forward to it. There would be many firsts in it for Aditi and I welcome any tips on travel with infants from other experienced moms.





No comments: